Saturday, September 4, 2010

simple beginning

This is the very first post of a very new blog. Oh yes, I know, there's way too many cool blogs out there but I couldn't help it. Writing became a need as strong as eating the morning breakfast.

I am creating this blog to share my every day adventures in trying to live a simpler, yet more rewarding, life. I have been writing a blog in Spanish - Charla Simple - for about two years and since then I felt I owed something to my English-speaking side. If you are there, reading, thank you. It's a pleasure to have you on board. I am not sure what can you expect of this blog, but I'll let you know as soon as I figure it out.

What do I mean by a simpler life? Is my life complicated? In a way it is and yours might be as well. Here the not-so-recent discovery: We are deeply inserted in a very materialist society driven by the most powerful, market-driven economy of the world. Welcome to America! We are surrounded by and we depend on things all the time during our lifetime, since day one until the very last breath. No recess.

And you guessed my friend, it's a lot of work. We have no remedy but to know, name, organize, clean, buy, sell, like, understand, save, put on, take off, play with, ride on, build - and the list goes on for ever- these above-mentioned things.

And wait, there's more. We also have to deal with the non-tangible stuff: Emotions, pains, politics, relationships, spirituality, love, sex, education and the many other big questions/issues inherent to being a human being.

It's way too much. Something's gotta give, like the good old comedy would indicate. And I have not even started with the sustainability speech. Oh boy. I better leave that one for the second post. Let's keep this first one simple, so you come back.

1 comment:

Clara said...

MARIMAMITA !!!

esto esta buenisimo!!!! ahoa si sos una FLOR de blogger, loco!

Sobes