Monday, September 13, 2010

So much to tell

There was so much I wanted to tell you about.

I wanted to tell you about my adventures Saturday trying to have a safety check performed in my bike before I start taking my daughter to her school, 1.3 miles away from home, twice a week. Remember I mentioned this idea when I wrote about how i did NOT buy my bike? Oh boy, what an ordeal!

I wanted to tell you about the radio show I've heard on my way to the garden this weekend on how happiness has to do more with the way we spend our money and not so much with how much of it we have. Interesting theory.

I also wanted to tell you about the story I published Sunday on the Williston resident who built himself a solar-powered pool heater and was swimming during Labor Day, the day the summer
was unofficially supposed to end.

I wanted to tell you as well about the story I published today on the ninth annual Vermont Small Farms Food Festival which took place yesterday in Shelburne Orchards. It was all about local, nutritious and simple food and fun, two essential ingredients of an uncomplicated life. I even have some unedited photos to show you.

I also wanted to give you the heads up on what I am working on this week: stories on the Eat Local Week, the new UVM store on Church Street and the new line of clothes featuring our state area code - 802- as art. Pretty cool stuff!

But I will remain somehow silent for just a few days. You'll understand later why, so come back to read if you want to know.

In the meantime, see some of the photos from Matt Wood's swimming pool heater. If you are a do-it-yourself, handy person, don't miss the story in the Green Mountain Edition of Sunday's Free Press (link above). You can contact him with questions, too.




No comments: